We are going to try to do that. I am hoping we can start a new page our CAC Website, and keep it updated, over time, with such opportunities. I am pretty sure the County of Marin has something like this.
One piece of year-end good news is that Congress passed, and the President signed into law, the new budget and relief package this week, and it includes some provisions for funding renewable energy projects that ALL FAIRFAX PEOPLE can access.
In particular, the bill included:
1. The bill extended the solar investment tax credit (PV and solar thermal) for two more years - get those panels in while they will be cheap! This program also applies to small wind energy installations.
2. The bill extended credits for energy efficient homes, up to $2,000 for new energy efficient homes through 2021.
3. The bill reauthorized the Weatherization Assistance Program for low-income households, and this program now includes renewable energy installations as weatherization measures.
4. The bill permanently extended the Section 179D Tax deduction for energy-efficient commercial buildings - Fairfax businesses, take note!
5. The bill includes more money for buying energy efficient equipment and water saving measures.
6. The bill includes an electric vehicle credit for electric scooters and motorcycles for vehicles.
So, my friends, there is help out there, and we should all do what we can to use these incentives to invest in the health of our community.
Happy New Years to everyone.