Similar to the plan recently passed by Fairfax, Menlo Park is aiming at:
• Convert 95% of existing buildings to all-electric energy sources.
• Set city-wide goals for increased use of electric vehicles (EVs) 100% of all new purchases by 2025) and decrease gasoline sales 10% per year after 2018.
• Expand EV-charging access to multifamily and commercial properties.
• Reduce vehicle miles traveled by 25% or an amount the Complete Streets Commission recommends.
• Eliminate use of fossil fuels in city operations.
More and more jurisdictions are looking to take bold action in response to our climate Code Red. We can all learn from each other, try different things, leverage each other's successes. This is how it happens. Thank you, Menlo Park; thank you, Fairfax. Together, we can.