I installed mine over the weekend.
I have a question for you. I did it with my 87-year old father (he celebrated his birthday here with us) and my 23-year old son. We had it recorded with video, as I had the idea that I would post the video for all to see, how it was done.
What I realize, as I watched this video, is that it was a bit more like a comedy act than a "how-to" video. There are good how-to videos on Youtube already for installing these things. I was thinking that MY video would show the reality of trying to figure this thing out and install it. As I say, it is more of a comedy routine, than a how-to video. We actually went so far as to create a You Tube channel for the Climate Action Committee, to better share with the community.
At this point, I do want to report that I was able to get the Flume installed (and I didn't even really need the 23-year old brain to get it done). It is helping in many ways, which I will try to write about in future.
For now, I want to simply say,
1. go to the Marin Water District and order a Flume;
2. watch some Youtube video on how to install;
3. work to get your consumption to below 50 gallons per day per person;
4. let me know if you want to watch my failings as I tried to install mine;
5. encourage others to do the same;
6. JOIN US!
Together, we can do what must be done.
Thank you, Fairfax.