We are putting the full results of the survey up on the website. CLICK HERE!
We noted a few general themes:
1. People are more interested in getting information online rather than in workshops or events. Maybe information booths at community events (POST virus).
2. People want Town communications to include more information on our climate activities. And, the Town should hire staff to help with this need.
3. People want to be encouraged and helped, but not forced to do good things.
4. Strong interest in finding ways to help people pay for things that help with climate.
5. BUT, require new buildings to be more efficient than base building code, and require energy audits and retrofits at time of sale.
6. The Town should walk the talk. That is, the Town needs to reduce its own environmental footprint, use renewables, etc.
6. Enforce the existing food waste composting and recyclables ordinance.
7. Plant more trees and give away trees.
8. Develop program of local offsets to fund projects by residents.
We thank you for your feedback.
As noted before, we are continuing our Climate Action Plan Conversations.
Please note; our next one will be Monday, January 11, from 6:30 - 7:30. Be there or be square!
(P.S. I included the photo above because this is the REAL Fairfax Climate Action Committee; in a previous post, I included a photo of a zoom call, but i did not have one of us, so I used some stock photo thing; the above is your team!)